Are you looking for some fresh ideas to grow your email list in 2021? If you have run out of ideas, don’t worry! I will help you to build your email list and show the importance of email marketing in this article, so read it carefully.
Smart marketers know that an engaged email list is one of the essential parts of a successful online business. But, here is another bad news that your email list typically degrades by approx 22.5% every year. That’s why it is so important to add fresh contacts to your email list constantly.
Growing an email list is not an easy task, but the proper tool will make sure you get some best response to convince people for signing up for your list, and here Constant Contact will help you to keep your numbers moving up and to the right.
Before sharing creative list building techniques with you, first, you should know what an email list is?
What Is An Email List?
An email list is a set of email addresses that collected through an opt-in form that you have placed on your blog. This is a list of email addresses that an online business can build by engaging with potential customers by lead-generating campaigns.
Email is used widely and adds a personal touch that allows you to make a healthy connection between your audience.
Effective Techniques To Grow Your Email List
So, you just started your online business or blog or running an online business but, don’t have enough ideas for list building; below effective techniques will help you.
Create Valuable Content or Content Upgrades
The first thing you need to keep in mind is people love valuable content, and you should create high-quality content that drives traffic to your page through a search engine if you are starting from scratch.
If you already have a running blog, then you need content upgrades, which is the most effective way to grow the high-quality email list. You don’t need to upgrade your entire content on your site. Just find out the top 6 to 8 articles on your blog, which have most traffic from search engines and upgrade the content of those pages to improve your search engine ranking.
Make Your Opt-in Form Important
Many people don’t give weightage to email signup forms in favor of social media icons. Social media icons are valuable but not more valuable than an email list.
Do you know, Facebook has click-through rates of 0.07%, and your messages easily can get lost in the twitter feed, which is a constant stream. However, you own the email list, and email marketing campaigns have an open rate of about 21% and CTR of approx 3.2%.
So, put those email signup forms above content, in a sidebar, and below the content where your audience can see them and be forced to use them.
Try Some Of Your Content Gated
Gated content is content on your blog, which is hidden and can be accessible after entering an email address.
Keep in mind that gated content needs to be informative, well written, and highly valuable so that your audience forced to signup your newsletter.
Host A Free Webinar
Hosting a free webinar using YouTube is easy, and you can make signing up a requirement for registration. Webinars are the perfect way to discuss your industries, how-tos, etc. which helps you to build list well because live events have high perceived value.
Create Opt-in Incentives
Deliver a high-value white paper as an incentive to encourage someone to join your list. Offering opt-in incentives is a win-win because it gives your reader a piece of content that is high-valued and what they are looking for, which will helps to grow your email list.
Here are a few examples of high-value which papers that you could offer as an opt-in incentive.
- Email Course
- Video tutorial or training
Host a Giveaway To Grow Email List
Have you ever participate in a giveaway offered by other websites? Do you know what they do?
When you participate in a giveaway, you need to enter your email address, and when you invite or share the giveaway to your friends or share on social media, they offer additional entries.
Use the same technique to grow your email list. Choose the best giveaway so that you can get more participants.
Create Killer Niche-specific Email Content
The email content is popularly known as newsletters. Newsletters are the key factors of email marketing campaigns as they allow you to deliver value to your readers on an ongoing basis.
Sending a junk to your readers will decrease your subscribers, and your list building strategy will go down. So, create a stellar niche specific email content that is helpful to your readers.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Wondering if you should invest in growing your email marketing list? Check out the benefits of email marketing and this list on why email is still king among business owners and marketers.
- More Effective Than Social Media: Social media is an important part of any online marketing strategy, but it has less CTR than the marketing email campaigns.
- The email will help you to drive traffic on a specific money page.
- Email builds a strong relationship with your readers by giving a personal touch in your email content.
- Email makes it easy for your readers to share your marketing messages with their friends, which increases the lead generation or sales.
- An email has been shown to produce a better ROI related to other marketing channels such as newspaper ads, Facebook ads, etc.
- You can automate your marketing emails that increase your one to one communications and reduce the number of employee-hours needed.
- People Engage With Emails: Most people think that people are engaged most on Facebook, but, as per research, it has found that people spend more time on the email that social media sites on mobile.
- Email marketing is easy to measure.
How to Start Your Email List Building?
Whether you are a new blogger or have been running an online business for a long time, you must need to start building your marketing email list to grow traffic as well as income.
As a blogger, your topmost priority is to make an email list that works for you.
To build an email list, you need to sign up with an email service provider like Constant Content. You can send marketing emails through free email service providers such as Gmail or Yahoo or Hotmail, but they are difficult to manage and also limit of sending emails per day. Free email services also put your messages into the spam folder, and you can generate leads as per expectations.
I highly recommend Constant Contact as an email service provider due to its advanced features.
Here are some reasons why you should use Constant Contact.
- You can create email marketing campaigns like a pro with their easy-to-use features.
- With its Drag and Drop facility, you can easily customize an email template that looks great on every device.
- With the email marketing automation feature, you can keep your readers engaged and able to build a strong customer relationship.
- Real-time tracking of email marketing will help you to analyze who’s opening, clicking, and sharing your emails.
- Free 30-Day TRIAL: If you want to try before investing money to create your first email list, Constant Contact is providing a free 30-day trial. This is the best way to test out all the features of the email services and can start your email list building process without spending a penny.
Click Here To Sign-Up Now to get a One Month Free Trial Offer
Constant Contact Review
Growing an email list is not an easy task, but the proper tool will make sure you get some best response to convince people for signing up for your list and here Constant Contact will help you to keep your numbers moving up and to the right.